Saturday, April 18, 2015

...And fire

Celebrating the spring swing in weather, we bid winter a cool farewell with Menthol.

Today, we'll greet the heat with another NOMecule... Capsaicin!

Capsaicin

Name: Capsaicin
Other names: (E)-N-[(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)methyl]-8-methylnon-6-enamide, 8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide
Chemical formula: C18H27NO3
Found in: Peppers, hot sauce, pepper spray, topical analgesics, fiery Dornish peppers
Key: Red=C, Orange=H, Maroon=N, Dark Green=O

The largest Dollecule to date (I guess there is one upside to the travel times between the Midwest and Pacific Coast) and also one of my favorites. I love spicy food, and I had some fun with how the Capsaicin molecule is shaped almost like a chili pepper.

Not Pictured: Pepto-Bismol

#CannotKillADragon

I love me some Taco Bell. The go-to spot for all cravings cheesy, grilled, melty, or crunchy (and every combination thereof), not to mention the home of the second best fast food sauce out there. You know who the king is:

No shame in second place here.

I set fire to the range

Thanks for stopping by at Chemigurumi where We Do Not Sew. Enjoy the warm weather and dust off those grills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!